cara putman

Cara Putman is a woman living her dream. In addition to writing more than a dozen novels, she is an attorney, lecturer at a Big Ten university, active in women's ministry, and a self-proclaimed all around crazy woman...crazy about God, her husband, and their four kids. Cara graduated with honors from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and George Mason Law School. When not writing into the wee hours of the night, she loves to spend time tending her garden (even weeding—a perfect task for perfectionists) and watching God breathe life into it. You can catch up with Cara at www.caraputman.com.




















A sign over Cara's desk declares the most cherished of her many titles: MOM!

3 comments:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Good grief, woman! With all you do, you still have time to garden??

I love a beautiful garden, but if it doesn't take care of itself, it'll die in my yard. :D

Esther said...

Cara, I just finishIed reading Canteen Dreams (I always wondered about that unusual title) and hope to dialong with you about how you did your time-element research. My WIP is set in the 1950s. I have an advantage in that I was a young adult then, but it's true it was a long time ago.

Your garden is lovely.

Cara Putman said...

Esther,
Thanks! We just planted annuals and moved a perennial last night. I can't wait for everything to bloom again. The purple salva (I think that's what the butterfly loving plant is called) is already blooming. Love it.

I'd love to correspond with you about time research. So glad you loved Canteen Dreams. I'm starting my sixth WWII book tonight. Feel free to email me at cara at caraputman dot com