angela hunt

Angela Hunt is the best-selling author of The Tale of Three Trees, and The Note (a Hallmark Hall of Fame film), with over three million copies of her books sold worldwide. Eight of her novels have won Excellence in Media's Angel Awards. Angie has also won four silver medals and a gold medal from ForeWord Magazine’s Book of the Year Award as well as a Christy Award. Romantic Times Book Club presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. Several of her novels have been optioned for film. She and her husband make their home in Florida.






Angie says, "When Angel's Trumpet (Brugmansia, top photo above) is in flower, it's beautiful. When it's not, it's a knobby, scrawny, baldish looking thing. Kind of epitomizes the writer's life: feast or famine." Angela's garden also includes one flower that exemplifies her professional brand, Expect the Unexpected. "A night-blooming cereus blooms only once," Angie says, "and that in the middle of the night. I have two plants, but I missed the first plant’s bloom (the flowers always fade by sunrise) so the second night I sat outside on my back porch to snap this picture... The bud began to open around midnight, and was in full flower by three am. After that, I went to bed! My neighbors probably thought I was nuts, sitting outside, surrounded by flickering candles, with my notepad and my camera. But it was worth it!" Update: Angela's night-blooming cereus performed again in October 2008 (bottom photo) this time thoughtfully opening long before midnight.

 Visit Angie's website at http://angelaelwellhunt.com.
Angie's office (and four-legged office companion)
in her Florida home.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

How beautiful! I have never seen a night-blooming cereus before. What an amazing thing God created!
Isn't the night-blooming cereus what Mr. Wilson had in the Dennis the Menace movie? You know, when Dennis ruined the long-awaited opening of it! lol

Anonymous said...

We had one of these in our back yard when I was a kid. I saw it only a couple times in all those years -- at least that I remember, lol. :)

http://www.aroundtucson.com
kel at cox dot net

Pat Jeanne Davis said...

Angela, A friend gave us a night-blooming cereus and it was such a delight to see it bloom on just one occasion. I don't know what became of it afterwards. Love your books and the film "The Notebook." Friends of mine often ask me if I've seen this film. It's extremely popular with so many. Pat

Lee said...

I love your books. Our last road trip we listened to Uncharted !! Very good word picture. I really enjoyed the Fairlawn series. Thank you for such good christian books to read.